Monday, January 31, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

Should I bear testimony of menu plans again? I've been incredibly ill - worse than in many, many moons. But, because I had a plan of meals, my boys haven't had to suffer. A few alterations were made (leftover pizza became the main course last night since I still wasn't up to eating), but it was one less stress for me to deal with in my incapacitated state. I love menu plans.

So, here is what I've got planned for the week:


Monday: Crock-pot chicken and potatoes with a side of Normandy veggies. (I put chicken breasts, chopped up potatoes, sometimes carrots, and bbq sauce thinned a bit with water in the crock-pot and cook it all day).


Tuesday: Minestrone Junk Soup with fresh bread. (I got this recipe from a ward cookbook. It sounded disgusting to me and then I had to make it for a ward activity and it was the only soup completely devoured! So I tried it ... and I like it! Go figure! I don't use nearly as much hamburger as it calls for and I just dump it all in my crock-pot and cook it all day.)

1 1/2 to 2 lbs. hamburger
1 onion, minced

3 cans minestrone soup & 3 cans water

1 32 oz. can pork & beans

1 T. worcestershire sauce

1 t. garlic salt

1/4 t. oregano


Brown meat and onion. Combine other ingredients. Mix well. Cover and simmer for 20 mins. Stirring occasionally.
Wednesday:  Spaghetti with green beans and birthday cake! 
My Rusty will be 2!

Thursday:  French Toast (we ended up having some
Pumpkin Pancakes from the freezer last week instead
of French toast, so I just put this back on the menu)

Friday:  Fast Food Friday

Saturday:  Homemade individual pizzas

Sunday:  Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches in honor of Superbowl Sunday
That's my week. What's on your menu?

1 comment:

Merinda Reeder said...

Monday: copy Cindy. Except I don't have Normandy Veggies around; but green beans will do

Tuesday: Shanghai. It's a recipe from Clinton's mission involving ramen and eggs

Wednesday: Shepherds pie... make a HUGE batch and freeze 3-4 (without the potatoes) I'm also making several lasagnas to freeze

Thursday: Scrambled eggs with chili and fruit smoothies

Friday: I'm going for girls' night. Macaroni and Cheese for the kids, leftovers for the husband

Saturday: Spaghetti, applesauce, and biscuits

Sunday: Eat one of the lasagnas from Wednesdays cooking