Monday, January 10, 2011

info on the lurker

Shelly has also graciously allowed me to put my two cents on this blog. Currently I'm wondering if I have even one cent to share!  I figured that since I have yet to contribute to a blog that tells about my life and family, and I am quite frequently lurking about all of your blogs, I had better get you up to date.

Hmm... I think the last info anyone really had on me was just around High School Graduation.  A lot has happened in the past almost 15 years.  I attended the College of Eastern Utah in Price after graduation.  Went very unwillingly (because all my friends were in Logan or at home going to Weber) on a full scholarship. Had a lot of fun and met Dennis in January of 1997.  We dated, and I fell in love.  We were married on Nov 1, 1997.  We stayed in Price because I had the rest of my scholarship to use to get my associates. It was a free college education, and I wasn't going to give it up.  We wound up staying in Price for the next 10 years.  I graduated (Dennis had graduated before we met) and I worked for an attorney in town doing secretarial and collections.  The secretarial work was great, I loved working on all the legal forms. The collections was very heart breaking and made me feel very cynical toward mankind. I was quite excited to quit in June of 2000. Allen was born in July and I have been a stay-at-home mom ever since.  I love it!   

 Dennis has been working in the oil and gas industry since 2000. He has worked for a few different companies including Conoco-Phillips, and has provided wonderfully for our family.  He currently works for Weatherford as the Price shop manager, providing sales and service for the hundreds of natural gas wells in the area. 

Boy #2, Taylor, arrived in November 2002. Boy #3, Bryant, in July 2005.  While I was pregnant with Boy #4, Jaxon, we decided to move from our tiny little home in Price to a slightly larger home in Huntington (just 20 min south of Price). This is the little town Dennis grew up in, and where most of his family still lives. We live in his old home ward boundaries, and while I initially had serious doubts about being in the old ward, so close to the in-laws, etc.  I have grown to love this little town and the people here. 


Jaxon was born in October 2007 and due to unexpected and fairly serious complications, he needed to be our last little one.  (I'm sure I'll get into all of this at a future date, this post is getting long enough as it is!) 

I spend the majority of my time doing laundry, volunteering at the school, trying to fulfill my calling as YW 2nd Counselor (just gotta love those 12 year olds), spending lots of time at the library, going to my clogging class and running interference with 4 little boys: 2 scout schedules, 2 basketball schedules and homework for 3.

I don't know how much insight I can provide for The Bloggest Loser, but I will give it a try!
Crisanne

1 comment:

colds1 said...

Hi, Crisanne!

I love lurkers! I am one!

Big hugs, though, for the tough week you'll have ahead! Much love!