Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Last Night on The Biggest Loser

Just for kicks, I figured I'd post about the most recent episode of The Biggest Loser since the newest season just began last night and I'm really hoping for a much more enjoyable season than the last one.  I was glad Patrick and Mark won, but I really could have done without most of the rest of the season.

If you missed last night's episode and want to watch, go Here

or watch it here.




***SPOILER ALERT***

So, there are a few reasons why I'm excited for this season.  I've already begun cheering for people and I'd like to see them progress. 

The grey team (Moses and his daughter Kaylee) are from Shelley, Idaho.  Um, hello?  That's the coolest named city in the country.  Plus, I used to live just a few miles from there.  I don't personally know Moses and Kaylee, but I already like them.

The blue team consists of the largest contestant yet. Arthur is over 500 lbs, yet only 2" taller than I am.  It's heart breaking and I want to see him succeed and become healthy.

But the biggest reason I'm excited is because the yellow team consists of Rulon Gardner and his friend Justin.  Rulon won the Olympic gold medal in wrestling in a shocking match that surprised the world in 2000.  But I like him more than just because he's such a featured player this season.  It's because I've met him.  He's a really nice guy.  He mentored my brother who wrestled through high school and went on to earn a wrestling scholarship for college.  I can't wait to see how he does.

So, what are your thoughts on the two new trainers?  And what about the four weeks of immunity?  When they announced that, my jaw dropped.  That's a LOT of immunity! 

It's no surprise that new trainers are being introduced.  Bob and Jillian can't do the show forever.  And new twists have got to be difficult to come up with after 11 seasons.  I just really hope we are introduced to them next week. I don't want to miss out on seeing how the teams working with the unknown trainers are doing just to keep them secret for a few more weeks.  I'm already a bit disappointed that we missed the bulk (pardon the pun) of that group's weigh in.

But, when it comes to the challenge and the teams that got to choose which trainers they wanted (the unknown trainers and 4 weeks of immunity or Bob and Jillian and no immunity), it made me wonder.  What would I do?  Especially if I didn't know that their group would have such great results in the first week. 

I think I'd take the chance with the new trainers.  And I'd hopefully learn enough, and lose enough, to be able to withstand whatever twist is happening in four weeks when everyone comes back together. 

What would you do?  And what do you think of this new season?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm going for Gray and Yellow as well. Living in Rexburg helped with the Shelley connection and Rulon went to Ricks and came and spoke after he won the gold medal...pretty cool. Jon likes the new trainers because the guy is a Capoista (Brazilian martial arts) and that is one of the best ways to loose weight. Speaking of which, I think Jon needs to get back into it.

I'm excited for this season!

colds1 said...

I'm excited to see the progress of the pink team and the aqua team. My heart broke for the pink chick, is it Sarah, when she says she knows she supposed to be a mom and they attribute her miscarriages to her weight. And I love that Courtney already lost so much weight before even getting on the show.

I think the new trainer twist is fun. I can't believe anyone would choose Bob and Jillian over 4 weeks of immunity. Love them and all, but there isn't anything magical about them. Most good trainers could do what they do. That is why these people succeed at home. I get annoyed by the idol worship that contestants have for Bob and Jillian.

I liked last season. So far I like this season.

Merinda Reeder said...

alright, I'll bite. I will follow the link and watch my very first ever episode of Biggest Loser.

Merinda Reeder said...

Yep, I agree, those are my favorites right now; though I must say that my favorite two end weigh-ins were Arthur and the twins. There was some triumph there after a really rough beginning.