Friday, January 7, 2011

Why me?

Shelly invited me to participate here.
Why? I don't really know.
Maybe I'm here to help everybody feel great about themselves: I'm not losing weight.
I feel like I'm gaining at the approximate rate of a toddler Clydesdale.
I gain 60 pounds per pregnancy... 40 of them will slip off easy; but that's later.
In the next 2 months I expect to gain 20 more pounds... the tough-to-lose pounds.

I'm six feet tall, and I'm not a willowy model-type size 6.
I did make size 10 once, just before I got bought my wedding dress.

I like my desserts, I like my dairy, and the one thing to sink all hope for me is to tell myself I can't have something. Soda only actually calls my name when I've decided to abstain for awhile. One of the biggest chocolate months of my life was the month when I was supposed to be skipping it. I've never been stupid enough to suggest cutting ice cream.

Better strategy for me: tell me what I will have or will do. Example: I will include fresh vegetables with dinner every night this week.

So why me?
I don't really know; but I'll try to be real, useful, positive, and helpful.

-Mindy (Merinda)

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I can't wait to hear more about your next two months. And I'm curious as to the things you are "allowing" yourself to do. I may need to take some notes.

colds1 said...

In other aspects of your life, I find it kind of fun to tell you that you can't do something ... :)

I love your comparison to a Clydesdale. It cracks me up every time.