Sunday, September 5, 2010

Weekly Check In and Bloggest Loser Day 1

I know not everyone plans to play along with The Bloggest Loser, but it seems that everyone has a goal to achieve. So, every Sunday/Monday we'll combine both efforts. We'll report on our goals and weight lost. We'll just multi-task.

So, how did your goals go last week? I did pretty well with mine. Of course, I'm more excited than heck to use my new shoes for tomorrow's run. I can't wait!!! Am I supposed to be this giddy about running? I think I may be getting too much desert air.

How did your goals go last week? Success? Difficulties?




I have a new goal to add this week. This week I am going to do something that scares me to death, but it's for a good cause. A young woman in our ward has leukemia and needs a bone marrow donation. Unfortunately, she hasn't been able to find a match, so our ward is participating in a "Bone Marrow Drive." We'll just do a cheek swab to see if we happen to match. I know this is a good thing to do and I want to help if I can. This does, however, scare the living daylights out of me. I've never been able to donate blood because of my intense fear of needles. I've tried, but been rejected. And this is a lot more involved, but there's more of a demand for life, I think. Lots of people can and do donate blood. I've never heard of a bone marrow drive before. And the way this will be set up, even if we don't match the young woman in our ward, our info will be in the database for potential use for others needing a match. I get really antsy just thinking about it. But I want to do it. I can't let my fear and nausea keep me from possibly saving someone's life. I'm going to do this. The cheek swab will be nothing, so I can get through that easily enough.


What new goal will you add this week?




And since this is the first entry for the Bloggest Loser (a day early, but I don't plan to get on the computer tomorrow) be sure to post if you're playing. Don't forget to grab your initial weight and measurements. Take a before picture of yourself. And eat lots of chocolate, cake, cookies, and pizza. Oh, sorry. That was my inner competitive saboteur rearing her ugly head.

So tell me. How'd you do? Any new goals? Are you playing? Anything you need to get off your chest?
I'm here for you!

7 comments:

RNLambile said...

I am IN!!! Not only will I take part in the bone marrow drive, but I have new goals for the Biggest Bloggest Loser. I have a lofty goal of being in the 280's by my birthday 10/09/2010. I am starting at 322 pounds...so this is a LOFTY goal. But, should I succeed I will allow myself to persue MMA classes and I am totally psyched about that.

Good luck everyone!!

Us Oregon Girls said...

I'll play!
Checking it at 160. I've recently lost 20lbs and I have another 20 to go. I want to build up some strength and stamina (because I have none) and maybe actually use my gym membership!

Carina said...

OH MAN! I wish this was the first week for weigh in. I lost 3.8 this week. Even if it was mostly from stress I will still take it. It might have gotten me motivated again. I am closer to my Summer Solstice goal. I have 3.8 left to attain that goal. AND I AM GOING TO REACH IT!

WATER, I need water. That is my goal this week and again to remember to eat. I know it is dumb, but I fall into old habits when my life is a whirlwind.

Unknown said...

yes, my goal is more water as well! My muscle soreness from my intense hike is getting better and that's a HUGE plus! I'm also getting my back fixed this week so that should help as well!

I'm starting at 152.5 lbs which is sad since I was at 140 lbs earlier this year. I will get those size 8 jeans back on!!!!

** I just have to laugh, the word verification for me this post is "ciliter" which I translated into "see, I lighter"! LOL!! **

colds1 said...

I'm here. That's all I've got this week.

Mrs. Bennett said...

I want to lose 20 lbs, but who am I kidding. My goal is 10 lbs by the end of the year. I know that doesn't seem too lofty but these last 10 don't want to leave me. This weeks goal is to drink lots o' water and run at least 4 times this week. Good luck everyone!

Jeri Dawn said...

Hey! I shall continue running this week...3 times between 3-5 miles. I already missed yesterday, so I need to pick it up! Water sounds good too. Perhaps I'll throw in some fruits for snacks.