Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Run of Shame

Last night we went to a talent show at church which also had a dessert pot luck. I had a tiny bit of Millie's brownie. That's all. I stood strong and didn't give in to temptations even though my calories would've allowed me to have a cookie or two.

I was strong for two reasons: #1 I'm waiting until my birthday for permission to eat baked goodies. #2 I had a disappointing weigh in yesterday morning. More on that tomorrow when we do the check in.

But tonight I wasn't as strong. I ate Chinese food.

Oh, and it was good. I liked it. I could've eaten all of it by myself. I did pass on the rice, though. I don't know how many calories I consumed, but I'm pretty sure I cheated my butt off.

So I decided to go running. It was a run of shame. I don't know if it was the incredible number of carbs and sugar or the guilt that got me so rearing to go. But I ran well and enjoyed it. It was my first night run and I enjoyed some of the things I don't usually get to experience in the mornings. No Millie, for one. Also, there are so many different scents in the air. I loved the smell of the charcoal grills and the fresh laundry smells. I had a race with a cricket. He jumped once for two of my steps. Finally he realized I'm awesome and he jumped off the sidewalk.

I wasn't a fan of the dark, though. I don't know how many more night runs I'll get to do, but it was a nice change of pace. Even if it was simply due to transgression.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jon and I went out to dinner last night and gorged ourselves until we were sick...It's not a good feeling...but, we were without kids and Fuddruckers Burgers were calling!

I don't see why you can't splurge a little every once in a while...just don't go crazy on that birthday of yours!

Lori said...

It's good for you to change it up every once in a while. Didn't you listen to Jillian last season. Maybe it was Bob, I don't know, but that's what they said. So don't feel to guilty. Cause it's okay.

And yes, you are awesome!!