Friday, September 3, 2010

Shoes and Music

Today the love of my life bought me my running shoes. We'd created a plan to purchase these shoes, knowing they'd be pricey. I love my husband and my shoes were my birthday present. It's probably the first time in years that I've known what I want for my birthday.

So I got me some Nikes.

The experience was really kind of fun. He evaluated how I run and walk. After he figured out my mechanical needs, he had me try a few different shoes to compare my comfort with each of them. I was surprised at how simple it was, but how much I LOVE my new shoes.

Aren't they pretty?

So, the other birthday gift I got brought me into the 21st century (thank you, Cindy!) and I've happily used it every time I've run. It's my new mp3 player.



I'm loving it.

But tell me, what's on your playlists?

3 comments:

colds1 said...

I'm always curious about running playlists, so I would love some new ideas.

A few of my current "just keep running" songs are:
The Climb - Miley Cyrus (I put it in the last half of my run to help me refocus)
Eye of the Tiger
Rocky Theme Song
Mississippi Girl - Faith Hill
Another One Bites the Dust - Queen

I did not like that 500 Miles song from Benny and Joon. It made me feel like I WAS going 500 miles.

Mrs. Bennett said...

For me, when it comes to running playlists its all about the rhythm and tempo - so I usually end up listening to "artists" I normally wouldn't listen to. Keeping that in mind, my current playlist has some of these songs which totally get me pumped!

Lady Gaga - Alejandro
Shakira - Ciego Sordomuda
Nelly Furtado - Forca
Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
Britney Spears
ABBA
Violent Femmes
Coldplay - Lovers in Japan
Queen - Pressure
Beyonce - Single Ladies
Eminem - Lose Yourself
Regina Spektor - Us
Beatles
Paul McCartney

And more. I have some pretty awesome playlists.

I'd be happy to mail you a CD if you email me your address.

Kayleen said...

It isn't a running play list if you don't have lady gaga. And some pink on there too. Good luck!!