Monday, September 27, 2010

Bloggest Loser Day 22 and Weekly Check In

I'm a little late this week.  Sorry about that.  I had no internet over the weekend and by the time we got home from my dad's house Sunday night, I nearly went straight to bed!!  That rarely happens.
Anywhooo...

Pam won the weigh in with a loss of 1.68%!!

Two weeks in a row, Pam!  You're doing something right!!

I have yet to officially weigh in for this week.  I was doing my weigh ins on Fridays, but I got a new toy last week and I set it up on Tuesday, so that is my new weigh in date since it won't let me weigh in any earlier than that.

It's a Bodybugg.  Like the one they use on The Biggest Loser.  You can get it at 24 Hour Fitness.  I'm loving it.  I track my food on the BB (Bodybugg) website, just like I was before, but my calorie output is constantly monitored.  I'm still in my programming stage.  After the first week it will be easier to figure out what my goal calories burned should be and that will dictate what my calories in should be.  I've been burning around 3000 calories a day.  It's been really fun to see.  There's a grid of how many calories I burn each hour.  You can see the spikes: when I run, when I grocery shop, when the kids get home from school, when I lift weight, when I do the dishes.  I like it.  It cost a pretty penny, but Josh justified that it costs less than sending me to the ER again because I don't know what my body is actually doing.  Josh is so good to me.

So, I'll be posting my weight loss in the comments section with everyone else. 

Goals for this week: Run, eat well, GO TO BED BEFORE 11PM, and drink lots of water.

How did you do this week?  Any good news?  Anything to vent about?  New goals?  Did you accomplish your goals from last week?  What do you think of the new Biggest Loser season?  So many people affected by deaths this season!  But the story that got me the most was the mother who had to take her daughter to the hospital because she didn't eat so she wouldn't end up overweight like her mother.  I bawled.  That one hits close to home.  I love my mom, but I've always worried about being overweight like her.  And I have three daughters.  It's a cycle I don't want to continue.

Anyway, tell me how you did and I'll post my loss on Tuesday!

Go Here for the weight lost calculator.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, I lost 1.5 pounds and according to the calculator that is 1.02% weight loss.

I'm not really sticking to anything other than portion control and I'm trying not to eat anything after dinner. I've never been a breakfast person, but I started eating a small bowl of Smart Start cereal in the mornings. My water has been increased (still need to do better) but I've noticed I've gained better control of my stress.

It's more of a spiritual journey than anything. I've been carrying around a lot of things that I really have no control over and I finally figured out how to let it go. With that, the weight is also coming off.

I hope everyone is having a good week!

Mrs. Bennett said...

I gained weight AGAIN. Other than that it was a good week. I even added weight lifting to my regimen and ran 4 days, even adding some miles.

I'll admit it - I don't count calories which may be my downfall. I just don't want it to take over my life and take over all my thoughts. Basically I just try to eat less.

Those of you who are counting calories, has it been worth it? Or do you find it to be burdensome and to take too much of your time?

Carina said...

Michelle, yes it is worth it and yes it can be burdensome and take up your time. I am not being really diligent right now. I learned what amounts and what foods were better options. I had to simplify my life and just eat from what I had learned were better for me, but I am not writing it down and looking at every label right now. It helped immensely to learn about it and be diligent about it for a while. But after you have practiced it faithfully it can become more natural to you.

Carina said...

I made some progress this week. I was good at drinking my water. I ate breakfast and tried to eat better. I went on a long fast walk with my family. We were racing the dark, so it makes you step up the pace (give it a try) I wore my pedometer every day with a goal of at least 10,000 steps a day. Then we went on a night hike.

I was happy that I did better than the .1% last week. I lost 1.25% which helped me reach my goal. Yipee! As long as I am keeping up with my own goals and improving my habits, I am happy.

colds1 said...

Today's weigh-in has me up .5% The scale hates me. Last week hated me. But I survived and if I weighed in tomorrow, I'd probably have a loss. C'est la vie.

Last week I did no goals. I didn't exercise. Some days I had very little water. I ate too much and too many of the wrong things. It was a stressful week and I let myself go. That doesn't solve anything, I know that, but it is my autopilot. Things are looking much more up this week, so I'm hopping back on the bandwagon. Shoot, I even exercised already this morning, so right there I'm doing better!

Shelly said...

This week I actually lost 2.2 lbs! Finally. Some results. I'm almost ready to think it's because I gave myself a few extra days to weigh in because of the Bodybugg, but then I remember I weighed in before most of my birthday celebration and when I had to eat as many calories as I could to get past my breathing problems. So, I think they balance. My loss percentage is 1.41%.

I did eat more this week. I upped my calories and still lost my goal. I hope this keeps going!

And Michelle: it does take a lot of time to track your calories. At least at first. After a while it becomes easier to do and doesn't take nearly as long.