Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My BIGGEST Fear

I'm sure you've seen something like this before:




And if you're related to me, you've seen it at one of our family reunions. I love my family, but my cousin so correctly coined the phrase "Bailey butt" when referring to my female relatives on that side of the family.


Now, the Baileys have a regal lineage. We're related to the Spencers of Wales (meaning Princess Diana) and the heritage includes Lady Godiva and other notable royals. But the more current generations have got back. We're talking Sir Mix a Lot back (not a member of royalty, despite his self-proclaimed title).


So this is my fear. I've been losing weight, but it's mostly the weight I gained over the last several months. However, I'm almost at my lowest weight since I was pregnant with Emma, nearly 10 years ago. I'm so afraid that I'll plateau again. Then I'll be stuck with this Bailey butt forever. I know I have to confuse my body with my eating and exercising. If my body gets too used to everything, it will adjust and stay there.


I don't want to get stuck with this:


I'm really hoping that my efforts will continue to work before I hit a plateau. I'm afraid if I do hit one, I'll lose my resolve to keep moving forward.
Ah, genetics!! Why do you hinder me so???

2 comments:

Mrs. Bennett said...

You need to get with the times - don't you know that big butts are all the rage these days? People have surgery for butt implants! You should embrace your bailey butt! ;)

Carina said...

I love it! Have you seen the commercial for the Booty Pop? Michelle is right. Apparently people like you and I are a coveted people. We got BOOTY!