Thursday, September 30, 2010

Who Are the People In Your Neighborhood?

I've made a new discovery this week.  Workout videos are boring.

To do a workout video, you have to clean the room you're working in (always a pain with 1 or 2 2-year-olds hanging around), take over the TV so no one else can watch anything, and be surrounded by the reminders that you have other things to do (those stupid dishes mock me every single day).  Plus, it's the same routine every time.

I've learned this week that I'd rather go running for 5 days in a row than break it up with a cardio video in between my runs. 

Being outside is invigorating.  I know I'm at an advantage by living in Arizona, but it's starting to be more tolerable in the mornings and soon it will be absolutely heavenly.  I love the sounds, the smells, the freedom of the open road. 

Every morning I have someone to wave at.  It makes me feel a part of our neighborhood.  And if you've ever heard of Sesame Street, you know how important that is.


I have noticed that we have a few more people in our neighborhood than what the song describes.  We've got the electric company guys, the pest control guys, the pool guys, the landscapers (they even stop their work to wave as I run past them), the moms with strollers and dogs, the roller bladers, the "in shape" runners, the old guy, and many kids of different ages waiting for the school buses. 

However, I have yet to discover cheese in my neighborhood.  Or Ben Stiller.

1 comment:

colds1 said...

We find a lot of onions lying on the ground in our neighborhood. Does that count as a cheese substitute?

No Ben Stiller, but Fabio WAS here last weekend, so ...