Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Workout Buddy

Today was the first day that I tried to do a video after running.

Oy.

It was only in the low 90s this morning as I did my Couch to 5k. I'm on w4d2. It was cloudy and actually kind of cool outside (Monday when I ran it was about 10 degrees hotter out) yet I was tempted to stop and walk during some of my running time. I didn't know what was wrong with me, until I realized that I was running at a faster pace than I had on Monday without the stroller. What was up with that? Millie and I had a great time in the cooler weather. Then we came home and I did the strength training workout from Power 90. You know, the forerunner for P90X. I'm a bit old-school.

But every time I turn on the dvd player, Millie is right there trying to work out with me. She does squats really well. She also gets on all fours and blows her breath out really hard through her mouth. These are her push ups.

Today she was stretching with me.


Notice her lack of a shirt. That's because when I get done running my gross, sweaty cotton t-shirt comes off. Don't worry I still have my sports bra on. And it's my house and I think I can run around in my underwear if I want to. But, Millie see, Millie do.
Of course, Millie's cuteness is the best part of my workout. Maybe I'll be as cute as her in about 90 days or so.

1 comment:

Carina said...

I love your workout partner. If it were me, my abs would be tight throughout the workout because of the giggling. Working out in your underwear is the best part of working out at home. That is why there is so much money made in at home workout videos.

BTW, You are a Machine! Maybe I need to start training for a race. You are unstoppable.