Monday, April 4, 2011

Meals, meals, meals

It is Monday again.  Time to talk dinner.

First, a report.  That fish recipe from last week ... I actually kind of liked it.  I used my Foreman Grill with tilapia fillets and I didn't have to gag it down or anything.  We'd already started dinner when Kevin came home (if you are late, we will start without you - it's the rules!).  The look on his face when he realized we were eating fish was priceless ... it was like he was trying to figure out who I was.  The boys all ate it without complaint, too.  Sigh.  I guess I'll keep making fish.

This week we start swimming lessons for the two older boys.  They happen at dinnertime on Mondays and Wednesdays all month long.  My meals for those nights will probably be simpler or more easily picnic-able since Kevin will be eating at the pool while waiting to bring boys home.

Here's what I've got planned:

MONDAY:  Leftover turkey sandwiches (this turkey baste was FAB yesterday) with this fruit salad (I added chopped pecans to the top) and a green salad

TUESDAY:  Tandoori chicken (I don't do tofu) with curry rice and a green salad

WEDNESDAY:  Fish Sticks and french fries with peaches and carrot sticks

THURSDAY:  German pancakes and fruit smoothies

FRIDAY:  Fast Food Friday (we'll go somewhere with a play area since it is Spring Break and that is a big treat for the boys)

SATURDAY:  Individual pizzas

SUNDAY: Chicken and potatoes in the crock-pot, jello, asparagus, and rolls

1 comment:

Jeri Dawn said...

Cindy, thanks for posting. We are going on Vacation this week...so no real meal plan. I am thinking in terms of sandwiches and cereal and portable food. Next week!