Monday, April 18, 2011

Meal Plan Monday

I must admit that I have not been following my meal plans very closely this month.  We have swimming lessons for the two oldest boys right at dinner time each Monday and Wednesday.  It is throwing a big kink in my meal prep and we have, gasp, grabbed take-out more than once!  Not only is that bad for my budget and my taste buds, but it is not helping in my weight loss.  I'm doing what I can and still planning in the hopes that it will work itself out.

Here is what I'd like to do this week.  What really will happen is anyone's guess.


MONDAY:  Sesame Chicken and rice

TUESDAY:  Pasta and vegetables

WEDNESDAY:  Baked Ziti

THURSDAY:  French Toast and fruit

FRIDAY:  Freebie Friday (either we get fast food or I'll fix something from a night earlier in the week when we grabbed fast food ...)

SATURDAY:   Anybody want to guess?  Yup.  Pizza

SUNDAY:  Easter dinner with my mom and family.  I will probably be making a Frog Eye Salad and rolls.

2 comments:

Crisanne said...

After last week's meal plan, I figured I could keep going with no problem. Then baseball season started Saturday. We have games Monday and Wednesday and practices Tuesday and Thursday. All at 5:30. We will be keeping the wonder bread and jiff peanut butter companies in business until June 8th when baseball ends. Then summer begins, and quite frankly it is too hot for anything else but pb&j!

Shelly said...

This week's meals are kind of seat-of-my-pants too. I don't know that I'll do an actual day-by-day plan, but I'll have a list to choose from each day. Including:

chili
tacos
Subway
chicken dish of some sort
Easter dinner (I'm bringing rolls and maybe some deviled eggs)