Monday, April 11, 2011

Weekly Goals

How did your week of goals go?  Did you do all you wanted to?

I had a great week.  I went to the gym 5 days last week.  I did my classes and ran three days.  I walked anytime I could.  I even dragged everyone out for a family walk yesterday.  It would've been much better if I had forced Millie to ride in her stroller.  Instead she decided to push her baby stroller (complete with a baby) and wanted to be carried about 1/3 of the walk. Maybe we'll try again next Sunday.

I journaled my food, let myself have a little slack and still ended up losing nearly 3.5 lbs.  I'm now at the weight I get to when I can't move the scale anymore.  I'm hoping for a much better result this time around.  Josh and I have started eating dinner-lunches.  I think this shift of calorie consumption helped me out this week.  Plus it's been nice having a good and quiet meal with Josh. 

This week I plan to keep up on my classes, either walk or run everyday, journal my food, and keep going!

(To Mindy: I think this is your first full week of exercising, if I remember right.  I hope you do well, but if I may, I'd like to give a little Been-there-done-that advice.  Take it easy this week.  It's been 6 weeks, but you're still healing.  An emergency c-section is much harder to recover from than a natural birth or even a planned c-section.  Make sure you listen to your body and don't be too disappointed if you can't do everything you want to do right away or if you tire too quickly.  You'll get there!)

How did you do?  What do you want to do this week?

3 comments:

Merinda Reeder said...

Thanks Shelly. I'm seeing the doc on Thursday, so officially I'm not starting yet; but I'm drinking my H2o and skipping steps up and down with full loads of laundry.
:)
Thanks a bunch.

Merinda Reeder said...

And way to go.

Crisanne said...

Mindy, you're doing fantastic if you are carrying laundry up the stairs! My first trip down the stairs (about 3 weeks after Jaxon was born) wasn't too bad. Then having to go back up... I was literally crawling on my hands and knees cursing what that Dr. had done to my body! Don't be afraid to take it a little easy. Believe me, non-healing, or ruptured stitches are BAD!