Friday, April 15, 2011

A Little Laugh

I was reading on a message board this morning about someone whose weight loss has stalled.  They said,

"Help!! I've hit a PLATO!!"

Having studied some of the great Plato's writings, not only did I roll my eyes but I also had a little laugh.

Little did Plato understand the vastness of people's inability to spell and communicate with the written word when he said,

"I'm trying to think, don't confuse me with facts." 

I also found it humorous that someone would misspell plateau with Plato since he also said,

"Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow." 

Hope you all have a great Friday!!!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Holy cow, that's funny!

But, then again, maybe that person meant it. I know I've certainly wanted to hit someone when I've hit a plateau. Plato, Aristotle, Sophocles. Any old guy will do.