Monday, March 28, 2011

Meal Plan Monday

I'm back.  It feels so much better to be me again.  I don't know what caused my funkiness or what really brought me out of it, but I'm just glad it is gone.

This week I've been way TOO proactive about my meals.  I have a plan for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as what our after school snack will be each day.  I know ... I should be shot!  But I've got a major goal to accomplish in 6 weeks and I need to drop about 10 pounds to do that (maybe I'll share later ... I love a good teaser!).  I need to be very aware of what I'm putting in my mouth every day if I'm going to do this.  It will also help me provide more variety to my boys' breakfast.

I won't bore you with ALL of my planning, just the dinners.  Here they are:

MONDAY:  Crock-pot Chicken Curry with green salad and pears.

TUESDAY:  Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken and Veggies. (what I make is similar to this, but I usually just use spaghetti noodles) with peaches.

WEDNESDAY:  Grilled Lemon Fish with Asparagus (I am NOT a fish eater, but it is supposed to be good for me and, as a parent, it is my responsibility to introduce my children to healthy food.  I'm going to try to have one fish meal a week - blech - so any recipes you want to share, would be appreciated.)

THURSDAY:  Oatmeal in the crock-pot with blueberries and fruit smoothies

FRIDAY:  Subway Night

SATURDAY:  Pizza

SUNDAY:  Roasted Turkey Breast with something really good, I'm sure

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I have a partial list because I shop every payday, which is this coming Friday. So I'm only doing through Friday night and I'll try to do the monthly overview for April by that day.

Monday: Cindy's Angel Hair recipe. (I got 15 packages of pasta for free last week and need new ways to prepare them. Thank you, coupons.) We'll do a side of green salad.

Tuesday: Tacos and quesadillas

Wednesday: French toast and smoothies (I love breakfast for dinner. Thanks for reminding me how to get it in there.)

Thursday: BBQ Sandwiches, green salad, corn on the cob.

Friday: Subway. I love the idea of planning on eating out. That way it's easier to stick to our plan during the week.