Sunday, March 20, 2011

Weekly Goals

How did your week go?  I can tell you that I survived my week, which was my only goal.  I knew I'd eat like junk (and I did) and I knew I'd skip my exercising (and I did) and I knew my whole routine would be off (and it was).  But the bathtub is in place.  Now we just have to find the time to finish the tiling.

This week I have a different goal.  Change is supposed to be good, right?

About a week ago I bought a gym pass from a friend of mine.  It's a 3 month pass and it cost me $20.  Since a single month costs $29, I thought this would be a great opportunity to try something new and shake things up. 

So tomorrow I'm going to the gym for the first time.  It's the beginning of my 3 month weight loss stint.  While I become a gym-goer I'm also going to cut stuff out of my diet.  I did this a while ago and had great success in eating so much healthier.  So during the next three months my goals are: go to the gym regularly (this week we'll see what "regularly" might mean), and cut out simple carbs, pop, and fatty foods.  I've learned that I need strict structure to lose weight and I haven't had that lately.  It's time for change.  And I think I'm ready.

What about you?  What are your goals this week?  How did you do last week?

2 comments:

Jeri Dawn said...

My goal is to keep going...I had a neighbor friend ask me why I still get up at 6:30 to go exercise at almost 7 months pregnant. I told her this, "Because once I stop I won't start again." I'm holding on as long as I can. It seems that people keep telling me the benefits of weight lifting (or I read about it or the aerobics instructor mentions it...). I can lift weights no matter how big my belly is, right? Right now, me and the eliptical are friends too.

Merinda Reeder said...

I do love a gym. I've belonged to a couple, and I do love them. Very likely to join one in about a month or 6 weeks - the one that doesn't require a contract so I can pull out when I need a change or my wallet gets stingy.
My goal was to be patient. So far no ripped stitches, so that's good.
Again, I need to be patient and not push too hard. I'd like to watch my nutrition; I know about the cookies in my cupboard and I daren't torpedo myself by saying I won't eat them... but still. awareness and some self control?