Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sometimes More IS More

Less is more.  I think that all the time.  I especially think it right now as I'm doing a major Spring Cleaning/Dejunking of my house.  Fewer games we don't ever play = more space to reach the ones we play all the time.  Fewer never worn coats = more space for coats we wear.  (Can you tell I cleaned my coat closet today?)

But sometimes MORE is more.  I love it when I find an article or blog that says what I've been thinking.  This morning I read this article and found myself nodding my head over and over.

In the world of weight loss, it applies too.

More fruits and veggies = More filling and satisfied.

More time exercising = More muscles.

More pounds lost = More victory dances.

More water = More trips to the bathroom.

Anyway ...

This week I had more pounds lost on the scale.  I did my victory dance.  I got excited about losing weight again.  I got the drive back to work harder at making good food choices and fitting in more exercise.  I'm hopeful that my weight plateau had to do with the sicknesses and dull days of winter.  I'm down 12 pound in the last 14 weeks.  Five more pounds will put me lower than I've been in 3 years.  I can't wait. 

So, today, for me ...

More success = More drive to do even better!

2 comments:

Merinda Reeder said...

WAHOOO
Victory dance for you!
OK, from me a victory wahoo.
I'll dance for you later.

Jeri Dawn said...

Love it. Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm. I need some enthusiasm today.