Monday, February 7, 2011

Weekly Goals

Yes, I'm only one day late in posting this.  Ha ha!  I'm getting back on my game.  But, in truth, my laptop was about to die yesterday and it was only because of my gracious BIL that it has been revived.

So, how did your goals go this week? 

I feel the need to explain how my goal to exercise 30 minutes every day was completed.

The first few days of the week were great.  Running, biking, weight lifting.  It was very ideal.

Then Thursday hit.

At 11:30 Thursday afternoon I had to rush to pick up my nephew from the bus.  I had to grab the two babies (Millie and her cousin Ashton) so we could brave the cold and drive to the bus stop.

As the bus rounded the corner, the engine on the van sputtered and I officially ran out of gas.  Crap.

We live in a HOA area and I was worried about leaving the van parked in a bike lane. If I can't park on the street in front of my house, how many tickets could I rack up in the middle of a bike lane?  So I ran home.  Literally.  Luckily, it's not very far and I was able to grab the car and return to get everyone very quickly.  Then we went and filled up the gas can and returned to the van.  Then I played Vehicle Leap Frog as I drove the car, parked along the street, ran to the van, drove it around the car, parked, ran to the car, drove around van, parked, ran to the van, drove around the car.... you get it.  I'm pretty sure I got my 30 minutes, although not consecutively. 

And then I spent hours grocery shopping on Friday.  Lots of walking.  And I saved over 50% off my grocery bill.  Yee-haw.

So this week, my goal is the same.  Start my mornings off right (scriptures and prayers) and exercise for 30 minutes every day.  If I can just keep these two goals going, I'll be doing great.

How did you do?

3 comments:

Crisanne said...

I'm currently in that fuzzy state that comes from too much cold medicine in my blood stream, yet not enough to even begin to touch the sinus infection that I can feel coming on. Weekly goals... drink lots of water, remember to eat (clogged nose and throat gives me food and swallowing aversions) and get a lot of sleep. And if this turns into a full blown sinus infection, get an antibiotic... soon.

Merinda Reeder said...

3 weeks ago I set the goal to listen to my kids the first time.
Some of the time I do. I think I need to keep working on this.
And I made 2 weeks of meal plans.
Then, get this: In the past 14 days I have gained only 1 pound. That's 1/4 of what I anticipated.
Either the water I'm guzzling, my food awareness, or something else is at play here... perhaps it's that my body simply has a ceiling and I've hit it. I'm 3 pounds from where I topped out with Emma's pregnancy.

colds1 said...

Up half a pound. Stress eating. Chocolate covered nut therapy. Oh, well.

On I go.

I need to start tracking my food again. With all the illness and lack of eating regularly, I let it slide. Time to get back in the habit.