Monday, February 7, 2011

Meal Plan Monday

I like to throw new recipes in occasionally. Not necessarily every week, but a few times a month. Sometimes they are great and make their way regularly into our rotation. Other times ... not so much.

Yesterday we had the Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches. They were pretty good except for the bleu cheese. I was being daring. I don't normally like bleu cheese. I still don't. My husband said about the sandwiches, "They are really good ... except the moldy bread taste!" Without the bleu cheese, they were actually really good and super easy. Live and learn!

Without further adieu, my meal plans for this week:


MONDAY: Chicken, Sweet Potato, and Butternut Squash (this is a new to me recipe - wishing myself luck!) in the crock-pot with fresh bread and a green salad.

TUESDAY: Chicken nuggets, oven fries, green beans, and canned peaches.

WEDNESDAY: Sweet and Sour Meatballs over rice with a green salad and canned pears.

THURSDAY: Heart shaped waffles with ice cream.

FRIDAY: Fast Food Friday.

SATURDAY: Soft shell tacos and cheese quesadillas.

SUNDAY: Honey-Dijon Roast (the recipe calls for pork, but I'm just using a regular roast) with roasted potatoes, peas, and jello.


What's on your plate?

2 comments:

Merinda Reeder said...

Gotta say the meal plan was a huge help this last week. I mostly followed with some deviation, but that's ok. Instead of saying, "what shall we eat?" I said, "nah, this instead."
Yippeee!
OK.
Monday: spaghetti and whatever goes with it
Tuesday: Shanghai. Didn't happen last week, so put it back on the menu
Wednesday: Chicken enchiladas - make a pile big enough for Mom's Sunday dinner, and then freeze 3/4
Thursday: Soup with homemade bread. Heavy on the carrots. Mmmm.
Friday: homemade pizza
Saturday: Tuna casserole
Sunday: Dinner at our friends'

Jeri Dawn said...

Okay, mine's up. Whew. Three weeks in a row. I think that's a record!