Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Deisre & Goals

OK. I'm sick and tired of being tired all the time. I know that if I were to buck up and eat better and exercise more frequently and with more effort put into it, I would feel so much better. It amazes me how an extra 5, 10 or even 15 pounds really can affect your life. My problem.... I want instant results. I want to see changes in 2 days that I know will really require 2 months of work. Ugh.

My desire for instant change is still there. But I feel I really need to change my desires. I desire strength. I desire energy. I desire to fit into my swimsuit a little bit better by summer. I also desire to avoid long term health issues that can result from being a little too heavy. I do not want to get diabetes, and with my pregnancy health history and family history, I'm at high risk.

I have come a long way actually. Here's a photo of me, not quite at the biggest I have ever been. This was taken about 3-4 weeks before Jaxon was born. My whole body hurt. I got bigger. My waist line was measuring at 46-47 inches. My father's eyes popped out of his head when he heard that number.

I was actually exercising 4-5 days a week and really watching what I was eating. I also had 4 liters of amniotic fluid (one quart is typical).


This is the most current picture I could find that shows my tummy in all its current glory. This was our annual family Christmas pageant. These are Dennis' parents and Jaxon (he's a shepherd). 

Now for some goals:
I currently am walking 3 miles on the treadmill 3x a week and going to my dance (clogging) class 1x a week. I really need to put some muscle toning into my routine. So, I plan on adding pilates or yoga 2x a week. I also will probably switch up my aerobic routine to include some weights.
I also need to cut way back on the treats. I am really good at keeping my food portions correct during meals and scheduled snacks, its the few (handfuls) of cinnamon bears, or grabbing a palm full of m&m's throughout the day that is really holding me back.

Any suggestions on how to control the mindless snacking I so dearly am addicted to?

3 comments:

Jeri Dawn said...

If you are anything like me...the only way to control it is to NOT buy it! If I buy it, I eat it. I think we are a little like alcoholics. Pour it down the drain sister!

colds1 said...

First, Crisanne, I hurt for you in that pregnant picture! Seriously hurt for you!

Second, I agree with Jeri Dawn that not buying it is crucial. However, I don't buy stuff and it is all over my house (thank you, loving grandma). I try to keep it in the pantry and not easily accessible. I've stopped myself more than once in the midst of opening the pantry door and said, "No candy for you!"

Third, find something else to occupy your hands. I chew a lot of gum and that helps, but days when I'm constantly busy, I snack a lot less. Hmm, maybe I should take my own advice?

Shelly said...

I agree with JD and Cindy. Not buying it can help, although I've found myself in some sort of addict-withdrawl when I didn't have chocolate available. I did, however, come to a bit of a compromise. I bought the big bag of M&Ms but broke it down into individual serving sizes so I knew exactly how much I was eating but still got to have a little. (I stuck the baggies in the freezer so they weren't in plain sight, which helped a bit.)

Gum does help, but it's not foolproof.

I did find a produce market nearby with incredible prices on fruits and veggies so it's so much easier to eat a handful of strawberries instead of junk.

Man, I so know your pain!!!!