Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Prom - 15 Years Later

The end date of my goal was Saturday.

I'm terribly critical of myself.  It is really bad actually.  So, I am going to try to reign in some of that criticism when it comes to these after pictures.  But let me get this off my chest first ... I was horribly bloated and it was that time, it isn't my good side, and I wasn't standing up straight because I didn't want to look taller than my husband.  Whew.  I feel better.  


The result ... I wore my dress.  I still really like that dress.  I did have to have some alterations done to the chest area.  Apparently the girls are significantly larger than they were 15 years ago.  Other than that, the dress zipped up nicely and I could sit down easily.  Shoot, I even did the Boot, Scoot, and Boogie line dance wearing the dress.  My husband thought I looked beautiful.  I felt beautiful.

 The dance was fun.  Kevin and I danced.  We enjoyed each other.  We only bickered a little.   I didn't spend a single minute in the bathroom.  I call this goal completed and a success!

It just felt good to be in something I wore in high school.  It didn't fit anything like it did then ... four babies in the last few years will do that do a body.  I didn't get all the 10 pounds off that I wanted to, either, so maybe that would have made a difference.  I guess I'll just have to find an excuse to wear it again at that point!

5 comments:

Jeri Dawn said...

Don't you just absolutely hate it when you work sooo hard and then your belly has other plans? This happened to me in Hawaii. I worked hard to look decent in a swim suit and then, boom, I got pregnant. For me, being pregnant means instant bloated belly that does not suck in. Bummer. You look awesome! Congrats and glad you had fun.

Shelly said...

I do have to admit that I went straight for the pictures to see how great you look. I think you look incredible. (And so much happier!) You're beautiful.

I think we should have a prom in, say, 2 months. My house. Wait, July in Arizona? Maybe not. How about in September or October?

Merinda Reeder said...

Wooooooot.
Those pictures show two very happy people. I love it. Congratulations.

Mrs. Bennett said...

You look just incredible. Be super happy you look so great!

Crisanne said...

It looks like you had a wonderful evening! You look marvelous, and so happy!