Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Weekly Goals -- Summer Challenge

It's time to re-evaluate our goals for the week.  How did your goals go last week?

In honor of school ending (ours gets out this week -- hooray!!) what goals do you have for this summer?

This week I challenge you to focus on some longer term goals for the summer.  What do you want to accomplish over the next three months? 

Here are some things I want to do over summer vacation (school starts back up on August 8, so I have less time to get this done):

1.  Lose a minimum of 5 lbs a month.
2.  Take my kids out and around Arizona.  Specifically some hikes and camping.
3.  Run at least one 5k.
4.  Enjoy our summer vacation.

I'm going to label this post as "Long Term Goals."  That way when you post your goals for the summer, you can find the label to the right and check to see how you're doing during the summer.

Good luck!  What weekly goal will help you achieve at least one of your long terms?

1 comment:

colds1 said...

I love goals. Some that I'm working on this summer are:

1. Run 3 or 4 5ks. I've got two lined up and I'd love to do a couple more. (Just for the shirts)

2. Teach my two oldest boys how to ride bikes and then go on some family bike rides. Our busy road and a general lack of interest has delayed this skill enough.

3. Take my kids swimming more than just once this year. They love it - I don't. I need to do this for them.

My weekly goals that will help me achieve those? I plan to go out running 3 times this week, no matter how blasted cold it is for May. And, I need to put together the new bike we got and pick up the used bike we bought for the boys.

There you go.