Sunday, May 8, 2011

Weekly Goals

Last week I issued a challenge: Do something impossible.

Did you do it?  Did you succeed or was it a noble attempt?

My impossible feat took a major shift this week.  It started out with me trying to get the energy to do everything I've been puting off for the last several weeks -- things that it seemed I'd never get around to doing.  I was going to be so productive that I knocked my socks off.

Then came Tuesday.

I was wondering if I could do this, if I could actually do all the things I wanted to do, especially since I was battling the worst stomach flu of my life and a sinus cold that Millie so graciously shared with me.

Tuesday night, a different ailment struck me.  I miscarried the pregnancy I'd known about for about five days.  Second one in 6 months.  I didn't know if I'd mention this on here.  After all, it's my family tragedy, not necessarily a health issue we generally deal with on this site.  But it goes along with my goal for the week.

My new impossible feat became:  Heal.

I'm healing physically.  And much quicker than six months ago.  I'm healing emotionally.  Again, much quicker than six months ago. 

There's a big difference this time.  First of all, I received a blessing that brought more peace to my soul than I anticipated.  Second, I'm in a good place in my life.  I had a routine that I enjoyed and I'm happy to get back into it.  Third, I have a wonderful family that I love and adore and I don't want to lose any time with them being sad over things I can't control.

I'm healing.  And it's liberating.  No guilt, no torment, no regret.

I have peace.  Something I never expected to have so soon after a tragedy.  It is my impossible feat.

What is yours?

2 comments:

Mrs. Bennett said...

So sorry to hear the news. I hope you are healing and feeling better. :( Love you!

Crisanne said...

Shelly, I am so glad that you are currently feeling at peace. Aren't we so blessed to have the priesthood in our lives?! Hope things continue to improve each day.