Monday, May 23, 2011

Meal Plan Monday

This is the last week of school for us.  I love summer vacation.  I love the school year, too, but I'm looking forward to some slow days and some grand adventures.
This crocheted tv-dinner cracks me up!

But first I need to survive this week.

And I need to keep using my pantry.

It was kind of hard this weekend as I went to the grocery store.  I WANTED to buy things that I normal buy.  I know that I'm running low on stuff.  That was the point of this challenge, but I have such a habit of keeping our food storage stocked, that letting it get this low is difficult.  I am doing better than I thought I would though.  However, if I couldn't buy produce, we would be hurting a lot more.  That's good to know because it lets me know what I need to stock up on more.

Most scary is that I'm down to my last loaf of bread.  That means that if I keep to my own rules, for the next week I can only have bread if I make it.  I love homemade bread, I've just always used it as a treat, not a mandatory part of our eating.  My boys eat sandwiches almost daily for lunch ... this could be interesting!

Here's what our dinner plans are for the week.  I sure hope it is tasty!

MONDAY:  Tin foil dinners (we got rained out last week)

TUESDAY:  Chicken Noodle Casserole (I have more canned chicken than tuna)

WEDNESDAY:  Shredded beef tacos (I have half a roast to use up so I'll use the crock-pot)

THURSDAY:  German Pancakes and Vienna Sausages

FRIDAY:  Mini-corn dogs for the kids, Date Night for the growed ups

SATURDAY:  Homemade pizza

SUNDAY:  Dinner at my mom's

What's in your plans?

No comments: