Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Meal Plan Reunion Style

I FINALLY finished the meal plan for my husband's family reunion.  Whew.  Meals for nearly 30 people for a week - my brain is tired!  It is all printed and organized in a binder with recipes, daily instructions, and grocery lists and is just waiting for the reunion.  I get a little breather until the shopping and preparation begins.

I took this week off from planning our meals.  Shocker, I know, but I just didn't have it in me.  But I thought I would share what I have been planning.  I have meals planned for six full days.  If you want any of the specific recipes, you'll have to request them.  I'm just too plum tired tonight!

Day #1:
Breakfast:  Cereal and fresh fruit
Lunch:  Chicken salad sandwiches, Salad Supreme Salad, Watermelon, Baked Beans, Picnic Cake
Dinner:  Taco Haystacks

Day #2:
Breakfast:  Pancakes with berries and syrup, Bacon
Lunch:  Lunch meat sandwiches, leftover salad and beans, chips
Dinner:  Hamburgers, potato salad, corn on the cob, green salad, root beer floats

Day #3:
Breakfast:  Cereal, Coffee Cake
Lunch:  Egg Salad Sandwiches, leftover salads, fresh veggies
Dinner:  Salmon with rice, spinach salad, broccoli, carrot cake

Day #4: 
Breakfast:  Breakfast casserole
Lunch:  At a restaurant
Dinner:  Tuna sandwiches, brownies a'la mode

Day #5:
Breakfast:  Cereal and cinnamon rolls
Lunch:  Baked Potato Bar
Dinner:  at the baseball stadium

Day #6:
Breakfast:  Omelets in a bag, muffins
Lunch:  Sandwiches (whatever is leftover)
Dinner:  Baked ziti, garlic bread, green beans, green salad, birthday cake

I hope everyone likes it.  And if they don't, I hope they don't complain about it within my hearing!!!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

You're amazing and I hope everyone likes the menu too! Have a great reunion!!

Merinda Reeder said...

I'd come for the food alone.... well, that and I miss you. Isn't that about the summary of reunions, though?