Friday, June 17, 2011

National Foods Days

I noticed on MSN.com that today is

In honor of this day, we had a great big salad for dinner: lettuce, cucumbers, green peppers, corn, avocados, onion, carrots, and salsa for dressing.

I thought it would be fun to share some of the upcoming national food days, in case you want to incorporate them into your menu.

June 18: National Cherry Tart Day / International Picnic Day / International Sushi Day (maybe don't do the sushi and picnic at the same time, just a thought)
June 19: National Dry Martini Day (to each their own)
June 20: National Vanilla Milkshake Day
June 21: National Peaches and Cream Day
June 22: National Chocolate Eclair Day / National Onion Rings Day
June 23: National Pecan Sandy Day
June 24: National Pralines Day
June 25: National Strawberry Parfait Day / National Catfish Day
June 26: National Chocolate Pudding Day

And in case that isn't enough, June is





National Papaya Month


If you'd like the full list, go to American Food and Drink Days.

And in case you were wondering, my birthday is National Guacamole Day.  I love my birthday.

1 comment:

Merinda Reeder said...

You are telling me that I missed national vanilla milkshake day simply by not reading this blog on time? Rats. Chocolate eclairs just aren't as good.