Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Biggest Loser Season Finale and Such

I know it's been weeks since I last posted about the Biggest Loser.  In fact, the finale happened last month.  I finally got to sit down and watch the episodes.  Between having a broken laptop that shut down 20 minutes into the show and trying to wait for my husband to be home so we can watch the episodes together, I just didn't get to sit and watch until last night.

If you want to see the show, go to nbc.com.  The episodes will be expiring sometime in the near future.

***SPOILER ALERT***

I have to admit that one reason I didn't find an alternative way to watch the show was because the remaining contestants didn't float my boat.  I wanted to see Austin at Makeover Week, but the season seemed to be overruled by the Purple Team.  And I didn't really care for the Purple Team.

Makeover Week was nice.  Tim Gunn made everyone look great.  They got to see their families and the yellow line was erased.  Jay got his 2nd chance to stay on the ranch.  The sand castle competition for the car looked like fun.  But, yet again, I was annoyed with the whining and complaining of the girls: "We have to run in the sand!"  Yeah, for a CAR!  They bugged.

The next week was Finals Week.  The contestants had to show how much they learned.  Austin won a 1 lb advantage at the challenge but had a horrible weigh in, confirming his one way ticket home.  Poor Austin had no allies and because he's put everything on the line every week, he had his first bad week.  It was just horrible timing.  The Purple Team ensured their spots in the finale.  Granted, it was the first time a team made it to the finale together, but there were so many other teams I would've liked to see in the finale.

The next week was basically a review of where the contestants started and how far they'd gone.  Personally, I wouldn't have minded just skipping this episode.

The finale came and my absolute favorite part was watching the former contestants reveal themselves.  Holy cow!  Some people were absolutely amazing!

The At Home winner ended up being Deni.  Wow, she looked great.  The ones that blew me away the most were the twins, Don and Dan.  After struggling so much at the ranch, I wondered if they'd succeed at home.  And they did.  They looked great.  So many of the younger girls looked good too.  I missed the announcement of Justin coming on stage, so when I looked up at the TV and saw him there, I caught myself before I said, "Who the heck is that?" 

Where in the world was Rulon?
The final weigh in happened.  If you're like me and go grocery shopping, then whether you saw the show or not, you know that Olivia won.  Eh.  She looked great.  She worked hard.  I hope next season's cast is so much more likable. 

But what's the deal with Anna Kournikova as the new trainer?  From what I understand, Cara and Brett are out next season.  So it'll just be Bob and Anna. 

I have a feeling that if next season doesn't pull some great ratings, there may not be a Season 13.

I'm upset that this season ended the way it did.  It just wasn't that fun to watch after a while.  I think this season died when Justin left. 

What did you think?  Who shocked you the most at the finale? 

3 comments:

Shelly said...

I found this article about Rulon, in case you were wondering about him. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/2011-05-26-rulon-gardner-biggest-loser-reality_N.htm

Merinda Reeder said...

I was glad for Deni. I had to close my eyes to see Justin in the clean-shaved longer-haired guy that was there. I agree with you... after Justin left it wasn't as much fun. The Finale was a long boring show with Alison trying way to hard to drum up suspense. Would've been great as a 1-hour spot rather than 1.5 hours.

colds1 said...

Supposedly there will also be another new male trainer, Dolvett Quince. (http://www.popeater.com/2011/06/03/justin-bieber-personal-trainer-biggest-loser/) Don't know him.

I struggled with this season almost from the beginning because of the "sacrificing" people did for others. Bleh. I prefer seasons when people are there by themselves, not someone they know and love.

I did grow to like the purple team a little ... once Hannah realized that she was living the life of a victim and stopped whining so much. I was glad Olivia won. She was not the prettier sister when the season started, but definitely was at the end!

I didn't like Deni's look at all. I thought she looked like one of those wrinkly dogs - loose skin hanging all over. She maintains a 1300 calorie per day diet. I think she'd look better with another 10 pounds back on her, but that's my opinion.

Anna what's her face ... what fat person wants to see her in the gym? Besides, she looked anorexic at the finale.

I didn't read the article you linked, but in the BL contract it states that if you leave the show you relinquish your chance to appear at the finale and participate in that weigh in. That's why Rulon wasn't there.

Them's my thoughts.