Monday, August 23, 2010

Check In

It's Monday. Time to evaluate the goals we've made this last week and look forward to a fresh, new week.

Last week my goal was to begin my running regime and keep up on my food journal. Did it. Woo-hoo! And I lost two lbs this week. Bonus!

Plus, Cindy sent me an early birthday present. I got to use my new mp-3 player for the first time today. It was so nice to have someone else keep track of my time to run or walk. And who can turn down some good tunes?

This week I want to continue my running. I want to make sure I get at least two days of a workout as well. I'll keep up my food journal and stay away from the sweets.

I'll tell ya. I had some major temptations this week. I wanted some really good and gooey brownie batter. And ice cream. And chocolate in any form. Our church choir practice is held at the choir director's house and she always has some warm, homemade goodies to share. Yesterday were no-bake cookies. My mouth watered and I almost gave in. But if I had, I would've taken her up on her offer for two cookies. Then I probably would've snuck a third one. But I didn't. My will power to stop is not completely developed yet and I don't need the opportunity it test it. I won't always have to say No. Someday I'll be able to say, "Just one, thanks" again.

How did your goals go this week? We all have some good and admirable long-term goals. What is one short-term goal that you can complete this week that will help you with your overall goal? Mine is to keep running. It's getting to be something I look forward to everyday. That makes me happy.

5 comments:

colds1 said...

A week only goal ... ok, got one. Track my food intake. I was doing really well and then I was away from my computer the majority of 3 days last week. I'm always amazed at how quickly a habit is broken. Besides, I get to buy some new shoes once I track for 4 weeks straight without a miss ... Momma wants some new shoes!

Carina said...

I know this will sound crazy to people, but I need to remember to eat. So I am going to have to pull out the tracker also. One of the things that made me so heavy was forgetting to eat and then I would gorge in the evening because my body needed food. I am busy running around taking care of 5 kids, household chores, the phone or doorbell rings, etc. And sometimes I don't want to eat what they are eating, so I wait and then forget about myself. I have noticed I am slipping on this again and it makes me want to grab all of the wrong foods or just keep eating. So my goal is to remember to eat, so I eat healthy.

I know you are all saying Oh poor Carina. ;)

Merinda Reeder said...

I walked 4 days, and I know I'm not getting enough water each day.
Now THIS sounds crazy:
Goal 1: I need to put my feet up... much like Carina, I forget to take care of me. The ankles are going to be the size of panda bears in 3 months if I'm not careful to get off of them a little bit.
Goal 2: I need to track my food and water intake, and account for all 100 oz of water, not milk or kook-aid. Water.
Goal 3: get a walk at least 5 days this week.

Crisanne said...

Kids are back in school, and now it's time to get back into my exercise and eating right routine. It is so hard for me to do it when they are all home. Back to keeping tabs on my eating. I need to make sure I eat enough fruits and veggies each day. Also making sure I drink enough water. I've been doing toning exercises on my own the past two days, and am starting up my morning walks today!

Jeri Dawn said...

Run, run run! At least 3 days a week, at least 3 miles each time with 1 longer run of at least 5. Eat fruits and veggies. Yuck. Cheese and chocolate sound so much better....Maybe I'm not totally committed to that one yet. I'll work on it.