Friday, October 21, 2011

Reasons for Eating Real

It is still October and the October Unprocessed Challenge is rolling on.

Not so much at my house.

Sorry, I just CAN'T resist those Halloween colored M&Ms.  Can't.

But we are still making baby-steps toward a mostly unprocessed kitchen.  I am in constant search for a fool-proof, yet good tasting, homemade mac and cheese recipe ... so if you have one, shoot it my way.  Please!

I read this article this morning about the reasons to avoid unprocessed foods.  It has several gold nuggets in it.  My favorite is number 4:

Why would one want to eat a processed food-like substance that is scientifically designed to never rot?
 
Really.

Thought some of you might be interested.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jeri Dawn said...

I have a good mac'n cheese recipe. It has cream cheese in it and I love it. My kids don't love it soo much because they like Kraft. I also have a recipe that I make in my rice cooker and it's fun. And then I think I combined the two and that was even funner! Ha ha. On another note, my neighbor just invited me to join a group of eating right and exercising girls who put in a pot ($20) and the the winner takes all. I think the winner is the one who lasts the longest. I don't really want to because part of me has really enjoyed my laziness...but all good things musts come to an end! So on to good health. And I'll try and shoot you those recipes if you want them.