Monday, September 19, 2011

Menu Plan Monday-orama!

So my quest to eat more whole foods ... yeah, it is a process.


I actually did fairly well for myself, but it is my kids I'm struggling with.  I have a dipper.  He'll try most anything ... if he can dip it in ranch dressing or ketchup!  Last night as he finally ate his corn on the cob by dipping each bite in ketchup, I realized, I may just need to learn to make my own ketchup!  Add it to the baby steps list!

It's a process and as long as I'm on the road moving forward, I'm doing good.  Right?

This week's menu:

MONDAY:  Homemade Chili and corn bread

TUESDAY:  Jambalya

WEDNESDAY:  Macaroni and Cheese Muffins(I need to find a non-canned substitute for canned cheese soup)

THURSDAY:  German Pancakes

FRIDAY:  Pizza

SATURDAY:  Tacos (I should make my own tortillas, but I'll probably just use store bought.  At least my salsa is homemade)

SUNDAY:  Ham and potatoes in the crock-pot (I saw a Make-Your-Own-Cream-Of-Something-Soup recipe once.  I wonder if I can find it.)

Linking for fun ... OrgJunkie

1 comment:

The Packet Queen said...

Hey! Love your menu, I definitely will take a look at those mac and cheese muffins! I saw this link on pinterest for the "cream of soup" hope it helps: http://1orangegiraffe.blogspot.com/2011/07/anything-you-wanna-call-it-casserole.html?showComment=1310864846151#c3489139395376988271