Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Reset

Have you ever had your computer freezer or wig out on you and the only real fix is to reboot it?

Have you ever had all the lights on your dash flicker at you but when you restarted the engine, the car runs fine?

Have you ever turned a flashlight off and given it a good shake and when you switch it back on, it works?

A reset.  All those instances are just versions of resetting something.  You return to the beginning and try again with the basics.
 

I was motivated by this article at Simple Marriage.  The author is talking about a reset in our parenting, but for me it resonated much more with my weight loss journey and especially my family's eating.

I need a reset.

I didn't do a Meal Plan Monday this week.  I'm kind of winging it because of the mass amounts of fresh produce our neighbors and friends have given us.  But the real reason is that I WANT to reset the way I do them.  I WANT to do our meals a bit differently.  My desire has not yet motivated me to action, though. 

I will get it in gear and get myself organized and return to plotting out our meals.  Hopefully sooner than later. 

No comments: