Monday, August 8, 2011

Meal Plan Monday, again

I hope you all didn't miss me too much last week - I was gone for several days on a anniversary trip with my husband.  It was delightful.  Everyone should do them.

I didn't have a meal plan for me since I planned to eat out every meal while I was gone ... but I had one for the kids.  It consisted of very child-friendly meals and I took no thought as to the healthiness of it.  I wanted ease for my mom who was being so generous in watching the kids.  They had hot dogs and mac and cheese and scrambled eggs and bologna sandwiches and pizza ... the typical American kid diet.  It makes me shudder.

As I was preparing to do my grocery shopping yesterday, I realized that I didn't have a menu planned for August.  I'd been too distracted by my trip to worry about it.  I only had a small window of time and was frustrated that I didn't know what we were going to eat this next week so I could know what I would need to buy!

Then the beauty of a written down meal plan came back to me ... I can recycle!  I keep my menus on my computer and with a copy here and a paste there ... TA DA ... August was done!

So, nothing here will be new.  No new recipes ... it is all stuff I have shared before (I'm pretty much copy catting June).  A little bit of time then saved me a ton of time now!  Thank you, Meal Plans!

MONDAY:  Pulled pork sandwiches (buns and meat from the freezer), zucchini, and peaches

TUESDAY:  Taco haystacks (taco salad)

WEDNESDAY:  Fish sticks and fries, green salad

THURSDAY:  French toast and fruit smoothies

FRIDAY:  Subway sandwiches

SATURDAY:  Homemade pizza

SUNDAY:  Dinner at my mom's

Linked to a meal plan party at  ... OrgJunkie.

3 comments:

Jeri Dawn said...

I totally missed you! Welcome back. Hawaiian Haystacks sound like a good idea. I think we'll do that tonight! Sandwiches for tomorrow and maybe a BBQ for Thursday. Friday we'll be down in Ogden, as well as Saturday...hmmm and what to do about Sunday?

Syed said...

Countering pressure can help increment sexual want in the two ladies and men. This is a demonstrated actuality that has been recognized by a great deal of surgeons and sex advisory. Thus, in the event that you need to appreciate better sex, its opportunity to unwind and loosen up your body and psyche through a decent contemplation system.

Syed said...

TremorSoothe Employs Homeopathic Ingredients TremorSoothe is involved 100 percent homeopathic fixings and ought to be taken when the primary indication of automatic body responses surfaces to improve skeletal and sensory system wellbeing.

Read More