Sunday, September 2, 2012

Go, you Chicken Fat, go!

I have lots of goals.  Mini-goals, long-term goals, New Year's Resolutions ... I like goals.  I like aiming for something.  I LOVE evaluating my progress.

Evaluating my weight loss progress has been easy ... I haven't done much.  (I didn't say the evaluation always makes me happy.)

When I weighed myself Friday, I was 3.5 pounds heavier than my wedding day.  I was 7.5 pounds heavier than when I graduated high school.  I was 17.5 pounds heavier than my driver's license says I weigh. (A number that I made up when I renewed in my early twenties and have never bothered to change - it certainly wasn't true then - I'm pretty sure I'm a lot closer to it now than I was back then!)

A friend invited me to join a FaceBook challenge from today until mid-December.  The person/people who reach their goal (or get the closest) wins a prize.  I hesitated to join because I haven't lost any substantial weight in a year, but, in the end, that's why I joined.  I need something to get me progressing. 

My goal ... reach that elusive driver's license weight.  I can only imagine what that would be like.  My-freaky list-making-record-keeping-self knows that I weighed that amount in 8th grade ... that would be 21 years ago, people.  I certainly wasn't a "skinny" girl back then, but I'd love be that skinny now!

No comments: