Monday, August 27, 2012

Meal Plan Monday

Ahhh, my menu planning is back in swing.  I've mentioned before, I plan out a month at a time and I've got my plan through September.  It is LOVELY!  After a couple of months of "what should we have for dinner?" at 4 pm, I'm ticked to have my groove back!

I'm really hoping to fill my freezer with meals this month as well.  When one of my recipes is a good freezer meal, I'm hoping to make two ... one to eat that night and one to stick in the freezer.  I've done this before and it works really well for me.  Now to somehow convince my husband that I need a FoodSaver???

I need to plan my own lunches better as well.  I've learned that if I don't have something easy to just grab and eat ... I probably won't eat lunch.  That is weird for me because, in the past, I've been opposed to leftovers and a big fan of sandwiches.  Right now though, I just want something I get eat quickly and get on with my day.  This week I intend to make a great big pasta salad with turkey and fruit and veggies in it, smothered in a low-fat coleslaw dressing.  That will be my lunch for several days.

And, because I know you've all been waiting for it most of the summer, I give you ... my Meal Plan Monday!

MONDAY:  Meatloaf (from the freezer) with parmesan squash bake

TUESDAY:  Zucchini Lasagna

WEDNESDAY:  Mac and Cheese (I want to try THIS recipe)

THURDAY:  Zucchini Frittata

FRIDAY:  Fast Food Friday

SATURDAY:  Free dinner at the park (for Tomato Days) or Papa Murphy's Pizza (got a coupon)

SUNDAY:  Zuppa's Cauliflower Soup

Anybody want to guess what veggie my garden is producing a ton of at the moment?

What are you eating?

Linked for fun Menu Plan Monday

No comments: