Monday, November 21, 2011

Monday's Meals

Is anyone else wondering how the heck it is already Thanksgiving?  Seriously!  Where did November go?  This one has totally snuck up on me!

Thankfully, I do my meal plans by the month and have a plan ready for this week.  Ah, I love it when my work is done for me!

I hope you all (you know ... both of you) have a fabulous weekend and a joyous time remembering all the blessings we have in this world.  Some friends of ours lost their adult son this weekend.  Others found out their 16 year old has cancer.  Others are hanging on by a thread because of job loss.  My life may not be perfect to anyone else, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.  The Lord allows us to be challenged only with those things that we can handle ... I've had my fair share of sad days and low blows.  I think about my dad so often and miss him so much at the holidays, but I have faith.  Faith that today is exactly what I need to be a better person.  Faith that everything is for a reason and someday we'll be privileged to know that reason.  Faith that in the end, everything works out for our best.  I'm so thankful for my faith ... for my sweet family ... for cherished friends ... for good meals.

Happy Thanksgiving!

MONDAY:  Tacos (didn't do them last week)

TUESDAY:  White Chili (we didn't have it last week either)

WEDNESDAY:  Waffles and Ice Cream

THURSDAY:  Turkey dinner with my family

FRIDAY:  Pizza

SATURDAY: Parade food (we'll be at a parade at dinner time)

SUNDAY:  Dinner with my mom

2 comments:

Jeri Dawn said...

Thanks Cindy...we have had Thanksgiving twice already, but are gearing up for our third, and final, this week! I am seriously craving some Taco Soup tonight and then tomorrow I'm thinking I'll just make a big batch of mango sticky rice (it's Jason's birthday). Otherwise we are living off ham, sweet potato casserole, pumpkin cobbler, and such!

Crisanne said...

Oh the joy that is Pumpkin Pie!
Yes, last week I couldn't help myself and had to bake a pie. Luckily my father-in-law and Bryant helped a little in eating it.

I'm a touch behind, but here's my schedule for this week:
Monday: we made steaks, onions and potatoes
Tuesday: Leftovers. My refrigerator is bursting with a thawing turkey. Anything that can be eaten, needs to be to make room for later.
Wednesday: I'm thinking homemade pizza, but waffles and ice-cream sound delicious
Thursday: Stuffing ourselves silly at the in-laws
Friday: Need to roast my own turkey, because we never have enough leftovers
Weekend: all the pie I can secretly get away with