Sunday, February 5, 2012

Meals

Getting dinner on the table is a challenge.  We sometimes forgo the menu plan and have another breakfast night because it is easy and the chaos called the 4 o'clock hour makes it hard to get dinner started and ready to eat by 5:30.  When planning this week, ease was the theme.  Peace and ease.

MONDAY:  Hodge Podge Soup (crock-pot delight and some homemade bread or rolls)

TUESDAY:  Turkey-Meatloaf (from the freezer) and steak fries (because only a third of the family will eat baked potatoes)

WEDNESDAY:  Freezer surprise ... I know I have a crock-pot or casserole of some sort of chicken in the freezer.  I just don't remember what it is right now.

THURSDAY:  Pancakes, eggs, and turkey bacon

FRIDAY:  Basketball food ... we are taking the boys to the high school basketball game, so we'll either grab fast food or concessions food

SATURDAY:  Tacos (because I'm actually sick of pizza and the meat is already seasoned and in the freezer ready to go)

SUNDAY:  Dinner at my mom's house

There you go, my week of quick and easy and somewhat healthy meals.  Ease.

No comments: