Monday, June 4, 2012

One month to July 4th, and a 5K

I have been MIA for quite a while. 4 boys and baseball season will do that to you. Luckily only 2 are playing, but that is more than enough when you figure in all the practices.

On July 4th our little middle-of-nowhere town has a celebration. There's a parade that consists mostly of pick-up trucks, 4 wheelers and construction equipement. Booths in the park that sell all sorts of random nick-nacks. Local entertainment that actually can, sometimes, be pretty good. BBQ's, fireworks and home-made ice-cream. Also, early that morning there is a 5K race. Back in January I made a New Year's goal to run in that race.

I have been working on this for way too long. And honestly when I look back and say I've been at this for 5 months, I'm feeling a bit pathetic.  I can consistently run a 5K in 36 minutes. I've been able to do that for the past 6 weeks. I'm having a hard time getting faster, and honestly, it isn't getting any easier. But I am being consistent. I've actually dropped 8 pounds in the past 3 months.  One more month of my supposed "training" and then I'll let you know how I really do.

2 comments:

colds1 said...

A 5k in 36 isn't bad at all - it is my best time, so I might be biased! :)

Shelly said...

I hope you have so much fun at your 5k! Can't wait to hear all about it. :)